SERVICE WARS: We rate YOUR Competition!
See which one of your FAV'S pass the test! We are a group of 5 student set out to see how tough your competition really is? Who really has the TOTAL package, delivering the goods and/or services with overall excellent customer service! We see the ad's claiming to be better than their competitor, but are they?

WE PUT THEM TO THE TEST!
*Each day a new set of competitors put to the test.
*CREATE AN ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE SITUATION: whether it be the frustrating customer who asks too many questions to the customer who just doesn't get it. See who handles it BEST!
*POST OUR FINDINGS
*DECLARE A WINNER

YOUR IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS
Do you have a set of Competitors you want us to test? Do you have a unique idea for a situation you would like us to use or create? No matter how bizarre odd annoying it may seem let us know, those are the exact unique situations we want to create...TEST THE LIMITS!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Safeway vs Safeway

Safeway (Jackson St, Hayward CA)
I came in looking for a list of items that aren't easily found in a grocery store, and not a lot of people look for these items either. I asked for some assistance, but it took about 10 minutes before I could find someone to help me out. The guy helped me find a couple items, and then left me alone... I had to find the Liquid smoke and Agave Nectar on my own. The cashier was pretty grim looking and didn't say much... had to bag everything my self too.
Grading:

Appearance= C iight... the store wasn't hella nasty, but it looked kinda shady.

Cleanliness= B- Dope there wasn't anything really out of place is which is to be expected in a grocery store. keeping stocked is one of their top priorities.

Friendly= D Step Yo Game Up, Everyone was pretty dead here... the guy who helped me wasn't too friendly either

Smiled/Contact=D Step Yo Game Up, Got very little eye contact from either of the people who helped me, and the closest thing to a smile I got was a quick grin when I looked at the cashier.

Timeliness- C = 10 minutes is a long time when you have a list of things u need, but definitely could have been worst, and the line was pretty short to pay.

Knowledgeable/ Solved my problem- C = iight could be more knowledgable about certain items, though I understand they aren't commonly seen.

Value- C = iight... the Safeway down on Foothill is much nicer.

Overall Satisfaction- C- = iight, They need to step up just a little more.

Safeway (La Playa St., San Francisco CA)

Everyone usually comes here for two reasons... Bonfire stuff, or use the bathroom. Coming from a bonfire, I've been a few times and I tell you, that line is ridiculous. The actual store isn't too bad... a little grimy if you ask me. But the people are really friendly and helpful. I'm sure they deal with a ridiculous amount of people too, so I'm sure they get annoyed of the constant complaints about the restrooms or stupid questions people ask. I managed to gather all the things I needed and they even gave me some good advice on cooking food over a bonfire.

Appearance- C = iight, grimy lookin, but not horrible.

Cleanliness- D= Step Yo Game Up, Seriously... that bathroom can be compared to one from a gas station.

Friendly- A = Awesome, I was very impressed with how they communicate with their customers.

Smiled/Contact -A-= Awesome, They were really on their shit.

Timeliness -B-= Dope, had to wait in line for a couple of min, but that was for the bathroom. The actual cashiers were pretty quick, but still friendly.

Knowledgeable/ Solved my problem - B= Dope, they really knew what I needed.

Value-B= Dope, it was worth it.

Overall Satisfaction- B = Dope, Better than it looks.

Overall, I guess Frendliness wins out again cause The Safeway on La Playa St. in San Francisco wins this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment